Additional parent user?

Airlann
Airlann Member, Beta Tester Posts: 3
First Comment Photogenic
Hi - does anyone know how to add a second parent user to the Fing app?  From what I can see there is no option to add multiple accounts on one Fing Box, so I guess I have to share the same login with my Wife, so that she can administer the schedules to limit the kids' internet activity?

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 3,109
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Airlann , if you've used a user login or password that you've used for other services and don't want her to know, you can change the one you use for the fingbox to something you and your wife can share without compromising your previous credential use.  Just an option in case Fing can't have multiple logins...
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    VioletChepil
  • VioletChepil
    VioletChepil Member Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Airlann
    @Marc thank you.
    Yes, you'd need to share a Login/Password as we only have 1 user for each Fingbox though you can Login on multiple devices.
    If you do want to change your Fingbox email - just follow these steps and send @Ciaran a direct message on community. 
    https://community.fing.com/discussion/2097/how-to-change-your-fing-or-fingbox-account-email-address
    Let me know any additional questions.
    Cheers,
    Violet

Community Manager at Fing

[Deleted User]
  • Krejar
    Krejar Member Posts: 9
    Second Anniversary Founder Photogenic First Comment
    ✭✭
    Is there anything in the future that would allow for this to happen? I personally don't mind sharing my account creds with my wife to administer my fingbox, but to have an admin/user account(s) would be much more useful and secure. My wife really only wants to be notified of the comings and goings of devices that way she knows when someone shows up or leaves the house.
    VioletChepil
  • VioletChepil
    VioletChepil Member Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Krejar we don't have any immediate plans for multi-user management, but you can submit a feature request here:
    https://community.fing.com/categories/fingbox-feature-requests

Community Manager at Fing

• Airlann
    Airlann Member, Beta Tester Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic
    Thanks all - I'll share my account with my Wife :smile:
    VioletChepil