Suddenly my FingBox(es) has lost connectivitiy and can't connect.

ah2932ah2932 Member Posts: 3
Hi everyone,  I've tried rebooting, another patch cable, resetting the box, another switch, a port directly on my router, and a brand new FingBox with no luck.  Has the Fing servers service gone down??
Please help!
VioletChepil

Answers

• VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,474 admin
    hi @ah2932
    We've got no reports or updates about servers down. Does this issue still persist today? If you have tried two Fingbox and are having the same issue, it could be a local network issue. 

Is the Fingbox LED in any color state?
    Have you also tried resetting the box?
    Has your router or access point changed?
    Let me know any other information you have. 

Community Manager at Fing

• HronosHronos Member, Beta Tester Posts: 283 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, it could be a local firewall (on the router maybe) than prevent the FingBox to connect to the Fing Servers.
    Keep looking up!
    VioletChepil
  • ah2932ah2932 Member Posts: 3
    All, thanks for assisting, but I'm still not back online.  Both boxes whether the older one or the brand new one, have a slow pulsating orange light.  The reset button doesn't seem to do anything and I've power-cycled for longer than a minute.  My router has not changed and I set all the necessary ports to be open as:  "80, 443, 4443, 5671. In addition, the ports needed for the Internet Speed Test, provided by M-Lab include 3001, 3002, 3003"
    Thanks, A.
  • CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 220 admin
    @ah2932 the fact that both Fingbox's are pulsating orange, would indicate that there may be something on the network interferring. I am going to send you a private message (as we need more information such as MAC address, email etc). In order to help you resolve this issue.

• ah2932ah2932 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you so much for your responses.  As a last consequence, I've deleted the Fingboxes from my router and have re-initiated them.
    Successful and happy now! 
    Hronos