Man in the middle attack
mhojnacki Member, Beta Tester Posts: 2✭
My fingbox Warner me last week, that my Roqos router might be trying to be a “man in the middle” attack. How can I verify?
go to a trusted website that uses https and check the certificate. if the certificate doesn't match the expected details of the trusted site then your comms are being decrypted , read, then reencrypted before being transmitted to the actual site.
eg if the certificate for your online bank shows that its self-signed by your router ... then you have a problem.4
VioletChepil Member Posts: 2,471Thanks a lot @Kiwibloke
@mhojnacki if you need any more help let us know.
Community Manager at Fing0
- 5.8K All Categories
- 2.8K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 1.1K Devices & Security
- 1.6K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 114 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 45 Network Infrastructure
- 5.4K Ask about Fing
- 548 Fing Account Change Request
- 1.1K Fing Desktop
- 1.4K Fing App
- 1.7K Fingbox
- 534 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 160 Community Updates
- 29 Getting started
- 13 Community User Guides