Have a network i can't delete

Wigan
Wigan Member, Beta Tester Posts: 4
First Comment Photogenic
Hello,
I have two networks on my fing web and App UI, both with the same name.  One is the fingbox and another is an accidental wifi scan i did on the same network. I have tried to delete it, merge it, but nothing will allow me to get rid of that wifi network.  This happened earlier in the year, wasn't a problem when i originally purchased, but i would like to get rid of it.
Any suggestions?
Bradley

Answers

• VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Wigan
    Welcome and nice to meet you!
    In some cases, members experienced this issue.  

Can you try to delete the network from Web App?

Please follow these steps:
    • 1) Sign in to the web app: app.fing.com
    • 2) On the Top left corner, click on the 'Fing' icon that will bring up the list of your networks. 
    • 3) Please Click on the Network you want to delete and then on the top right corner, click on the 'Settings' and then you will see a list of options. 
    • 4) Please click on the Delete this Network and then confirm 'Delete'. 
    • 5) Go to Account Settings, then go to 'Account Storage' and then click on 'Synchronize' and then restart the phone. 

After the synchronization, you may be able to delete networks from your Fing App again.

Could you try in the future to delete from your Fing App and let me know if it is working?

Cheers,

Violet

Community Manager at Fing

• Wigan
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited November 22, 2019 #3
    Thanks for the quick reply. Maybe this is "By design?" The fingbox and the wifi network have two different icons.

When I use the webapp, both networks get deleted and I get a "You have no networks on your account" message. If I go to my settings in the web app, I see a page that says I have one stored network.

I deleted the Fing app on my phone and reinstalled.  When I logged in and after synchronizing via account settings, both networks came back in the phone app.

Then I went back to the web app and both networks are now back.

• Wigan
    First Comment Photogenic
    And actually, the new wifi network that was added on the fresh run from the Phone app, my office wifi, I cant delete from the phone.  Says "failed to remove from account" when I try. I could successfully delete it from the web app.
  • VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Wigan
    If its a duplicate network - this could be another access point on your existing network that hasn't been added to Fingbox.
    Do you have multiple access points?
    If so, have they been added to your Fingbox network?
    If one access point is missing and your device is connected to that access point then it will create a separate network. 
    How to add access points to your network?
    I believe some access points(BSSID) from your network were not added on your Fingbox network thus creating a separate network for the different access point. You can verify this by checking the MAC address of the Access points(BSSID). If any of the BSSID is not added to the Fingbox then please add it and it will resolve your issue.

Please follow these steps:
    1. Open the Fing App
    2. Click on the Network Tab
    3. Click on the Network Details section(This is the directly under your network name)
    4. Scroll down and locate the Access Point Section
    5. You will be able to see the BSSID.

In order to add the access point for V1-Fingbox, first you need to be connected to the access point network which you want to add. Then open the Fing App and choose the Fingbox network from the dropdown list. Go to the ‘Network’ tab and select either Wi-Fi Intrusion Protection or Wi-Fi Performance and you will be able to add the Access point for the current network your device is connected to. You can only add the Access point either from the Wi-Fi Performance tab or Wi-Fi Intrusion Protection tab. After Adding the access point, you will receive the New Access point alert and you need to accept it as a trusted gateway and the access point will be added successfully.

Let me know if this may be the case, and if this solves things for you!
    Cheers,
    Violet

• Wigan
    First Comment Photogenic
    I do have a Linksys Velop Mesh network with 3 AP in bridge mode and a Asus router (no wifi) handling all of the routing and DHCP.
    \
    Although im not at home right now, when I look at the network on my app it lists 9 AP BSSIDs, none of which match the three in the device list.

• VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    If you go to other network without Fingbox then under network tab what is the MAC address of the network? Does it match any of those from the screenshot?
    This will help us to isolate the issue.