How does the app identify different device models?
I am working on a project at the moment that helps me with my CEH qualification. Looking into your application as a case study but, cannot for the life of me figure out how it detects the device models.
E.g. I can get that it picks up that the manufacturer might be Google for instance but how does it get that it is a ChromeCast for example.
Thought it might be to do with the MAC addresses or UPNP or NetBIOS but, cant figure out how it gets the information. Didnt know if someone could help me out with this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- 5.6K All Categories
- 2.8K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 1.1K Devices & Security
- 1.6K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 112 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 45 Network Infrastructure
- 4.9K Ask about Fing
- 541 Fing Account Change Request
- 999 Fing Desktop
- 1.4K Fing App
- 1.7K Fingbox
- 530 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 158 Community Updates
- 22 Getting started
- 13 Community User Guides