Linksys Velop

Please direct me to Linksys Velop setup and connection issues. I know I read one the other day and can’t seem to find it. Anyone have tips or tricks they can send my way it would be much appreciated. Thanks mucho

Answers

• Crantheman_77
    Crantheman_77 Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Photogenic

I also have a fingbox being delivered tonight as well so this should be fun👍

• VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Crantheman_77
    Welcome and nice to meet you! 

I don't have many on here I can find.
    These threads mentions Linksys Velop: 
    https://community.fing.com/discussion/1659/roon-music-streaming 
    https://community.fing.com/discussion/570/sky-q-and-th-sky-go-app 

I know that @Pixelpopper (I believe) is using Linksys Velop? 

Would be good to know what specific information you may be looking for too!
    Cheers,
    Violet

Community Manager at Fing

Crantheman_77
  • Crantheman_77
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited November 21, 2019 #4

Thank you so much and very appreciated. I tried to set up my fingbox last night and it was crazy. I really have zero clue on things. Turned out I had something public? I am positive

I need a ton of help.

• Crantheman_77
    First Comment Photogenic

Also pretty sure I have significant security issues.

• VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok @Crantheman_77 - I've just modified that public IP address screenshot as that isn't something to share with others.
    What security issues are you facing? Then we can see if we should post new threads for each. Typically its easiest to isolate a single thread for each security issue you may have. If you tell me a bit more, I can help you craft the posts.

Here's a bit more about public IP address I've found online:
    https://www.iplocation.net/public-vs-private-ip-address 

What is public IP address?

A public IP address is the address that is assigned to a computing device to allow direct access over the Internet. A web server, email server and any server device directly accessible from the Internet are candidate for a public IP address. A public IP address is globally unique, and can only be assigned to a unique device.

I don't believe having a public IP address in itself is a security risk, though it shouldn't be shared with others. 

Anything to add on that one? @kltaylor @Marc @adam @Hronos

Community Manager at Fing

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    100 Comments 25 Likes First Anniversary Member of the Month
    ✭✭✭
    @Crantheman_77 - I have been using the Velop Dual band system now for around a year and found it very reliable. If you can post some specific details about the problems you’re having I will try to help out.
    Having a public IP address should not be a security issue, after all 99% of IP addresses are public & dynamic (they can change at any time).
    The one thing you need to ensure is that you have an active firewall in place and turned on, this can be located on various devices in your network but is best placed as near to the public network a possible, i.e. in the router (Most these days have hardware firewalls) and maybe secondary firewall on computers in your network.
    Anyway, more information is needed if you’re still having difficulties.

Paul
    VioletChepil