Unable to block generic devices

Vincenzo
Vincenzo Member Posts: 3
First Comment Photogenic
Deleted generic devises come back in updates. Is the blocking feature only available to paid accounts or to free as well?  I’m not seeing the block-device function. Can someone straighten me out? Thank you.
Tagged:
VioletChepil

Answers

• Hronos
    Hronos Member, Beta Tester Posts: 289
    100 Likes 100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Vincenzo! and welcome to our community, the block-device function came with the addition of a FingBox to your network.  The application by itself can't constantly block any device on your network (because, to get started, while the app is not open it can't interfere with network traffic, and all other restrictions).  A FingBox is a wired device constantly monitoring your network, it CAN block devices (is one of their features).
    BTW, blocking is not "deleting" the device from the device list, is actively blocking it (a button in the device details in a FingBox enable network).

@VioletChepil, could the Desktop version of the App do some thing similar to what Fingbox do on this regard?
    Keep looking up!
    Vincenzo
  • Vincenzo
    Vincenzo Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic

Thanks Hronos for your excellent and fast response-with your help I’m learning!

HronosVioletChepil
  • Hronos
    Hronos Member, Beta Tester Posts: 289
    100 Likes 100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Vincenzo, Thanks!
    We are here trying to help each other, so whatever I help with, someone else help me with other thing =D
    Keep looking up!
    VioletChepil