Feature Request: when on same network as Fingbox have instant notifications to phone app

Bryce
Bryce Member Posts: 20
10 Comments First Anniversary First Answer 5 Likes
✭✭✭
Hi,
I love that we have the fingbox notifications via the app, I don't like that they take up to 3 to 5 minutes to come through on the phone app. I understand this is because they first get sent to Fing's servers, processed, and then sent out again to the app.

If I am on my fingbox wifi network, I would love to receive instant notifications direct to my phone app, with no delay.  For instance, to know when my family are arriving home, if instant I could already have opened the door to let them in. As it is they could have made a coffee before the app tells me they have arrived!

And once this instant notifying is possible it would be even better to then be able to notify instantly when new devices turn up in my 'Digital Fence'.  I have my fence signal range set that it only detects devices which are in my yard or at my door, not in the street.  So I would then know if someone was wandering about the house while it was happening, so I could intercept them and see what they are doing there, not be notified several minutes after they have left.

(Is there voting buttons, upvote this if you too would think this could be good feature)
Regards,
  Bryce.
VioletChepilBrycelittle_ol_me
2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Bryce good suggestion. Could this be related to the delay in device checks you currently have set-up on the app? I guess too short a delay means false positives etc. What do you think? 

Community Manager at Fing

• VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Just turning this one into an ideas thread so others can vote. Cast your vote if you'd like to see implemented too.

Community Manager at Fing