Fings Listing

will Fing ever have have an IPO listing?

Comments

• VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't have that planned currently, but who knows what the future holds! I know little about IPO's in the start-up community myself. 

Community Manager at Fing

Lee
  • PoohPooh Member, Beta Tester Posts: 674
    500 Likes 500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I love me fingy, I think a publicly traded fing corp would be disastrous for us users. As a private entity, the Finglish (Fingch, Fingians?) only need to be concerned with keeping their investors happy. Once publicly traded then all bets are off.

Of course, there's always the danger that a big conglomerate eyes up the fing, and buy's itself the whole company (e.g. Amazon and Eero).
    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
    VioletChepilHronosLee
  • MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,370
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to look at it realistically from the Fing perspective.  Financially, the best thing that could happen to the team, assuming they have an equity stake in things, would be to be bought out by a large company with a proportionally huge payout.  That being said, I agree past experience has shown from a customer perspective it rarely goes well as bits and pieces get absorbed into the mother ship and the original product focus invariably slips.  Look at Nest post Google (Alphabet etc) purchase as an example.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    VioletChepilHronos
  • VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback @Marc and @Pooh. No plans for a buyout now. Right now we're just working on monetization using the right paths etc. This includes the recent in-app ads, Fingbox and some partnerships. 

Community Manager at Fing

• PoohPooh Member, Beta Tester Posts: 674
    500 Likes 500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stabilization - I like that! Hearing this makes me a happy bear (although a bunch of red balloons and a large pot of honey would make me even happier!)
    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
    GidsterVioletChepil
  • MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,370
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@VioletChepil Never say never but your comment is reassuring.

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    VioletChepilHronos