I too am getting around 80% “Measurement Failed” each day now.

Meerkat_IT
Meerkat_IT Member Posts: 1
I too am getting around 80% “Measurement Failed” each day now.
Most disconcerting …
Tagged:
keith

Answers

• KenD
    KenD Member Posts: 15
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    ✭✭✭

Same. Nothing has changed. Just start over the last few days

keith
  • keith
    keith Member, Beta Tester Posts: 64
    25 Likes 10 Comments First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2019 #3

Same thing scheduled speedtest or manual speedtest from fing app show Measurement Failed.

Even though the manual activated does show normal result, History says manual failed.

Started on the 7th November

A few scheduled tests appear ok in history most not.

What changed?

@VioletChepil any ideas?

• Dark_L
    Dark_L Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment
    Got that same Problem. First I was suspecting my new ISP as i changed my ISP the same day the failing speedtest began.
    I got the exact same Problems as keithatpda.
  • kenrob
    kenrob Member, Beta Tester Posts: 6
    Second Anniversary Photogenic First Comment

Internet speed tests

G’day,

I’ve noticed that most speed tests are failing, according to history as reported in the Fing app. The problems seem to have started on 5th November. To compound matters, “Internet Performance” is reporting my location as Maputo, MZ, whereas the page correctly identified me being in Sydney, AU. 

So:

Internet Performance reports apparently valid most recent test results, but says I’m in MZ. 

Internet Performance>History reports Measurement Failed, with zero data showing in the details. 

Recent Events reports Measurement Failed, although when I tap on the detail icon, valid data is displayed. 

Fingbox is 1.14.13

Fing is 8.5.3

—  

Regards, 

Ken 

• benhelps
    benhelps Member, Beta Tester Posts: 32
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Likes Photogenic
    ✭✭
    Yeah I've been noticing it worsening for several days, and the last couple of days there haven't been any successes at all.

• tcoombs
    tcoombs Member Posts: 8
    Second Anniversary First Comment Photogenic

Same here! I’ve not seen a successful speedtest now for at least a couple of weeks!

• keith
    ✭✭✭

A little more.

The current month report shows many of the speed tests that "failed" with correct results.

An app bug maybe??

• benhelps
    benhelps Member, Beta Tester Posts: 32
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Likes Photogenic
    ✭✭
    Hmm, quick question of those who've replied here with issues - how many of us are in Australia?
    Also, I suppose - RSP? (mine is Aussie BB)
    Just wondering if it's AU blocking / access troubles reaching whatever Fingbox is pointing at for speed tests.
  • PeterP
    PeterP Member, Beta Tester Posts: 64
    Second Anniversary 25 Agrees 25 Likes 10 Comments
    ✭✭✭
    I am getting the same problem and I am in California.  When the speed test does work, it's only reporting half the actual speed I can get.  This was working fine for months until a couple of weeks ago.
  • keith
    ✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2019 #11
    Yes I am with ABB, Seems it might be an MLab/fing/app issue.
    Not just an au issue.
    I think they will sort it tonight with a bit of luck.
    Fing ver 8.6.0 android, original fingbox.
  • Shaukat_Abbas
    Shaukat_Abbas Member Posts: 1
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment

I'm with virgin media, and am also experiencing the same thing with measurement speed failures. Despite being in the UK some speed tests are being bounced from the USA even though there is a server in London.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031733/uploads/252/AH3PMAEWSV3X.jpg There was an error displaying this embed. https://us.v-cdn.net/6031733/uploads/074/RP52YMVCLHXI.jpg There was an error displaying this embed.

• Michal_T
    Michal_T Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Hi
    I have the same issue, from 6 of November most of tests are failed (manually or scheduled it doesn't mater), I am from Poland
  • VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all. We've been collecting feedback here (for specific use cases). https://community.fing.com/categories/beta-testing-mobile-speed-test 
    Currently we're beta testing a fix and we'll be rolling this out as soon as it is approved.
    I'll let everyone know when I have more details! 

Community Manager at Fing

• aviationfan
    aviationfan Member, Beta Tester Posts: 4
    Photogenic First Comment
    I have considered the speed tests on the ISP to be almost useless since buying the fingbox. I am a pro in the tech field and regularly work from my home office. I have regularly seen speeds 20% greater than the ISP advertises when transferring real files from Amazon S3, Azure, and others. My own speed tests come in over the ISP's advertised rate every time. However, Fing consistently reports numbers that are low or zero (fail). It puzzles me that fing chooses a speed test site in Canada when I am in the USA and crossing a country boundary introduces a lot of routing complexity. I have asked numerous times for a user definable speed test location or even to test from multiple locations in a list and consider the  most reliable samples. It seems the current approach does not take into account the possibility that the remote test location is unavailable or overloaded. Much improvement is needed here before I believe any of their numbers.
  • VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all.  Fingbox firmware 1.14.14 just released which should fix the speed tests failing. And this should fix the issue. This was due to the recent MLAB changes and out of control of Fing but we've been trying to adapt and solve as quickly as we can. The firmware will update automatically within the next 24 hours. If you'd like to force the firmware update faster, you can manually power cycle the Fingbox and it should update within the next hour. Let me know if that solves it for you.

ruralbobkeith
  • keith
    ✭✭✭
    edited November 19, 2019 #17
    Updated to 1.14.14 and appears to be fixed for manual checks will know later re scheduled checks.
    Yes scheduled also working correctly.
    Re speed accuracy, many thing can affect the result, my experience, fing mLab test are single connection and usually indicate lower speeds than ookla's multi connection.
    More info elsewhere on this site, search speed.

THANKS.
    VioletChepil
  • PeterP
    PeterP Member, Beta Tester Posts: 64
    Second Anniversary 25 Agrees 25 Likes 10 Comments
    ✭✭✭
    Can't comment on scheduled tests, but 1.14.14 does not fix the speed test reporting of half my true speed.
    VioletChepil
  • keith
    ✭✭✭

Re speed tests above what's expected.

My son has a cable connection, his plan is 100/25, he consistently gets speeds between 200 and 500.

Apparently the isp has heaps bandwith and loves the positive reviews.

A very rare situation.

I wish I could just get my 25/5 all day. (Fixed wireless)

VioletChepil
  • VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @PeterP
    If you are still getting failed speed tests, could you log the issue here in the beta testing zone and I will have this looked into for you?
    https://community.fing.com/categories/beta-testing-mobile-speed-test
    Just include:
    - Is this the mobile speed test from Fing App or Fingbox speed tests?
    - Is this impacting manual or automatic speed tests? (If you could clarify if there is any difference in whether this is coming from the manual on the mobile speed test from Fing App)
    - Where is the location where this is happening?

And I guess anyone still facing this same issue could do the same so I can escalate these cases?
    Please do check you have the new firmware or force the upgrade.