Welcome to the Fing community!

VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2020 in Getting started

This is our brand new community and your new go-to place for getting help with your device, security and connectivity issues. I am Ciaran, Community Manager at Fing. I'm here to help and guide you through the Fing Community experience. You can write to me about the Fing Community any time.

Use the Fing Community to ask a question, or start a discussion to get help for a problem you are facing, for all things technology, connected devices, troubleshooting & home networks.

Be sure to read through our community guidelines and tips to start a great discussion.

Ready through a very important article on how to earn points, badges and ranks on the Fing Community. We'll be awarding members for their contributions, engagement and great content on the community.

You can always ask any question in general discussion,

You’ll be in good hands on the Fing community and here are the main team members that will be looking after you.

1. Ciaran - Community Manager
  2. Robin - Community Admin

If you've got any feedback on the community you can start a discussion in the Welcome & Community Feedback category.

Ciaran

Community Manager

Community Manager at Fing

Gidster

Comments

• PoohPooh Member, Beta Tester Posts: 674
    500 Likes 500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the longest time, I always wondered just who the "Violet from Fing" was on the regular emails I've been getting. I'd just assumed at the time Violet was a bot. How wrong I was! My bad, @VioletChepil o:)
    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
    VioletChepilKING_CRACKER78
  • VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha that's very funny and actually nobody believes I'm really. I'm always keen to write back to emails (when we send a campaign and get responses) and prove I'm real! Even @Gidster wasn't sure I was real until he joined the team.  :p 

• PoohPooh Member, Beta Tester Posts: 674
    500 Likes 500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha that's very funny and actually nobody believes I'm really. I'm always keen to write back to emails (when we send a campaign and get responses) and prove I'm real! Even @Gidster wasn't sure I was real until he joined the team.  :p 
    Is @Gidster really real? I mean, we've only got his word for it... Now, red balloons - they're real. And fun.
    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
    VioletChepil
  • VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes @Gidster is as real as they come! I'll vouch for him too

Pooh
  • tikatika région PACAMember Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment
    Bonjour Violet :) , Bonjour tout le monde !....je suis très heureux de faire parti de la communauté Fing !...je viens d'installer la version bureau sur mon PC Acer portable ayant pour OS windows 10....apparemment , le logiciel s'est ouvert comme il faut ; j'avais fait au préalable une sauvegarde du registre au cas ou ?..j'espère que ce logiciel génial a mon avis vas progresser pour les version desktop !...une option qui me semble assez urgente c'est qu'il soit multilingue ...car c'est plus convivial pour l'utilisateur !.....autrement pour moi , c'est un bon départ !... :)
    Ciaran
  • CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,092
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    @tika Merci. Thank you for your feedback
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • RennyBARennyBA NorwayMember Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic
    Dear  fellow Fing Community, I’m from Norway 🇳🇴 and i think this is a great way of sharing knowledge - and have learn a consulting life that its often a givers gain :-)
    let me also tell you that Norway has a high penetration within information technology. So when you say: it it ain’t broken, don’t fix it- we say to have the latest version makes it more fun and safe-.
    Ciaran
  • CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,092
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @RennyBA, Welcome to the Fing Community. Great to have you on board :)
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • SimonHMSimonHM LondonMember Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic
    Dear Fing Community be gentle with me, I hope my upgrading to premium will help my cluttered smart (supposedly) home.
    Thanks in advance