Fing App is on the New York Times - A Paranoid Guide to Fighting the ‘Bugging Epidemic’

VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
✭✭✭✭✭✭
Hello all and Happy Friday!

Just though I'd share with Community members the latest article Fing App has been featured on in the New York Times. This is great news for the Fing team of course! 

Learn more about using Fing App for personal security in "A Paranoid Guide to Fighting the ‘Bugging Epidemic" by Kate Murphy: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/15/technology/surveillance-bugging-protection.html

"You can also download the Fing app on your smartphone, which when activated will show you all the devices connected to your Wi-Fi network. Anything that includes the name of a camera manufacturer — like Nest, Arlo or Wyze — or that the app flags as a possible camera is cause for concern. As is anything that you can’t readily identify." Learn more

What do you think of the article? 

Community Manager at Fing

Tagged:
Carlo_from_FingHronosMarc

Comments

• HronosHronos Beta Tester Posts: 288
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Awesomes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow! that's awesome! I will take a look at it next..
    Nevertheless, in the quote there is something to specify better:
    "...will show you all the devices connected to your Wi-Fi network."
    Well, as we all know here, it also list your wired devices, so it's all your network not just Wi-Fi part :p
    Keep looking up!
    MarcVioletChepil
  • MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,370
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello all and Happy Friday!

Just though I'd share with Community members the latest article Fing App has been featured on in the New York Times. This is great news for the Fing team of course! 

Learn more about using Fing App for personal security in "A Paranoid Guide to Fighting the ‘Bugging Epidemic" by Kate Murphy: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/15/technology/surveillance-bugging-protection.html

"You can also download the Fing app on your smartphone, which when activated will show you all the devices connected to your Wi-Fi network. Anything that includes the name of a camera manufacturer — like Nest, Arlo or Wyze — or that the app flags as a possible camera is cause for concern. As is anything that you can’t readily identify." Learn more

What do you think of the article? 

I am actually curious whether you folks start to see an uptick in downloads as a result of the article or not....  This is great publicity either way of course..
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    HronosVioletChepil
  • HronosHronos Beta Tester Posts: 288
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Awesomes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭

@Marc I didn't think of that, but now that you mention it... I also wish to know

Keep looking up!
    VioletChepil
  • VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Hronos and @Marc
    Yes we could definitely see some more downloads/visibility from an article like this one. It's also very helpful to drive awareness. In the networking/IT world we're pretty known - but we're still needing more visibility amongst general public. I guess this is also because networking knowledge/evolution are still a new topic for a lot of people. But awareness is increasing. This article is definitely helpful for bringing awareness to the industry and to helpful tools like Fing!

Community Manager at Fing

MarcHronos