I have a router and three extenders Each with a different network name

I have a router and three extenders

Each with a different network name

When I use the app without the fing box I can log on to any of the four networks individually

With the fing box I can only access the one network, the one on the router that fing box is connected to

If I log in to the extenders network it reverts back to the same thing as if I am on the router network

This is the main problem that I have with the fing box is if I want to login to an extender I need the IP address

If I log on to the extender network and use the fing app without the box it will always give me the correct current IP address for the extender

If I log in to the router network it shows the extenders but it gives random IP addresses of the devices that are on the extender instead of the IP address of the extender itself

Using the fing box forced me to the router network and I can't get an accurate IP address for the extender

If the fing box could block devices behind the extenders I wouldn't have a problem but when I see a device on the fing app and that device is behind an extender I have to log on to the extender to block the device

When using the fing box I an not able to get the current IP address of the extender because it forces me back to the router network where the correct address is substituted with the address of one of the devices on the extender

That is why I love the app and hate the box

Now I just want to throw the box in the garbage and use the app but I am afraid to login to my account that was established when I had the box connected because it might force me back to the same miserable experience I had with the box

Answers

• VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Wilson for your question.
    I've consulted with my colleagues in support and I believe that you needed to share some personal information for troubleshooting this thread. I understand you already have an active ticket. @Robin has your ticket already and will continue troubleshooting with you. So, in this case, I suggest following through on your ZenDesk ticket (because of the detailed/personal network information) you shared. Let me know your thoughts and if any questions on the process.
    Cheers,
    Violet

Community Manager at Fing

Hronos