What happened today / user section disappeared from iOS app

Webhippie
Webhippie Member Posts: 2
First Comment
edited November 14, 2019 in Fing App #1
Hello. I used to be able to schedule users and wifi availability but since a while it had disappeared from the app. Anyone else having the same problem? And more important, how can it be solved?
When I go to the fingbox via browser I get the message that my fingbox is being recognized.
VioletChepil

Best Answer

• VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    #2 Answer ✓
    Hi @Webhippie
    That does seem odd its disappeared.
    What device are you using? Android/iPhone and do you have all the new required location permissions enabled? 
    https://community.fing.com/discussion/830/ios-13-fing-app
    This requires new location permissions and if not enabled can reduce app functionality. 
    If you could validate they are enabled. Re-install the app and log back in this can help.
    Let me know if that solves it. 

Community Manager at Fing

kltaylor

Answers

• Hronos
    Hronos Member, Beta Tester Posts: 289
    100 Likes 100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Webhippie,  I had experience some how that same issue, but... I discover the problem (in my case):
    FingApp, for some reason, recognize mi Network (the same one I already have listed on my Fing account/box) as a new one! and this "new" network have a Fingbox on it (as a device) but do not have a Fingbox "associated" to it (remember, one box per network), so in this "new" network the user tab wasn't available.
    How I realice this? Because the icon of the network wasn't the Fingbox icon and that looks weird to me  :D
    I just select the correct network on the network tab (from both networks with the same name (or similar), select the one with the Fingbox icon) and "voila" the user tab was available again.  For sanity, I delete de other network from the account.

This has happen twice now, I am not really sure why nor had have identify any particular scenario repeated on the two times it happen.
    Could this be your case?

Keep looking up!
    VioletChepil
  • VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Hronos.
    Just let us know @Webhippie

• VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Just moved this one over to Fing App category as well! 

• Webhippie
    Webhippie Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Hello, thanks for the replies. The app was reinstalled and works again now. The browser problem still exists, but that is not important for me right now. I tried to use it bcz the app didn't work. 
    Have a great day.

HronosVioletChepil
  • VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Webhippie we have Fing desktop coming soon and this will be a nice additional tool. If you like to learn more, here are the details:
    https://community.fing.com/discussion/1657/fing-desktop-beta-for-windows-and-macos-claim-your-seat

Hronos