Can anyone help me identify unknown702559a1a75c.attlocal.net

Skny
Skny Member Posts: 1

I'm a newbie and I think I have id'd everything but unknown702559a1a75c.attlocal.net

Answers

• VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Skny
    Are you using Android or iPhone? And have you accepted all location permissions and set them to ALWAYS?
    If not, you can re-download the app and accept them while using the app and then set them to ALWAYS. (Log out/Login and see if that helps with identification). 

Do you have a screenshot of the device? This may help the Fing Community further help you...

Here are also some tips for identifying unknown devices. https://community.fing.com/discussion/322/tips-for-identifying-generic-devices
    From @AustinJerry -
    Several tips that might help you identify the unknown devices.  Let’s assume that the devices are actually performing a function in your home.  Try setting the option to receive an an alert when the device goes offline.  Then if/when the device goes offline, you will be able to identify it.  Also try restricting internet access for the device and see if any of your devices lose functionality.

Community Manager at Fing

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,665
    1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Skny , a quick lookup on the Mac address (the numbers in your host name above), I found this as a vendor of the network devices used in various network equipment....  See this link and this link as well.  Seems its used in everything from Cisco routers to ATT fiber equipment...  Vague to say the least.

CyberTAN Technology, Inc.
    Hsinchu 308
    TAIWAN, PROVINCE OF CHINA
    70:25:59:00:00:00 - 70:25:59:FF:FF:FF
    Found in our MA-L IEEE Database
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    VioletChepilkltaylorHronos
  • VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Marc for this help! 

Community Manager at Fing

kltaylor
  • Hronos
    Hronos Member, Beta Tester Posts: 289
    100 Likes 100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Marc good info, but it's kind of rare (in my opinion) to see this kind of devices on a LAN, unless... there is some equipment your ISP install inside it @Skny is not aware of?
    Keep looking up!
    Marc
  • Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,665
    1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hronos said:
    @Marc good info, but it's kind of rare (in my opinion) to see this kind of devices on a LAN, unless... there is some equipment your ISP install inside it @Skny is not aware of?
    I'm leaning towards the ISP installed kit, @Hronos and I think one of the articles I read, their lean was that way as well.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    HronosVioletChepil