Original Fingbox 5ghz

gfondeur
gfondeur Member, Beta Tester Posts: 9
First Anniversary Photogenic 5 Likes Founder
✭✭

Any road map about went the original Fingbox going to the able to scan 5ghz networks?

VioletChepil

Comments

• John
    John Member Posts: 110
    25 Likes 10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    edited August 7, 2019 #2
    gfondeur said:

Any road map about went the original Fingbox going to the able to scan 5ghz networks?

I didn't know the fingbox scanned wireless networks at all, well wirelessly if you know what I mean?  Did I miss something?

EDIT: Just found this which may answer the question:
    https://help.fing.com/knowledge-base/fingbox-v2-faqs/
    P.S - I didn't realise the fingbox even had wireless built in, but now gutted I have the old version!
    VioletChepilDavid
  • Gidster
    Gidster London, UKMember Posts: 224
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Awesomes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭
    @gfondeur this is a hardware change, so not possible to upgrade the v1 Fingbox, I'm afraid (BTW moving this to the fingbox discussion area)
    Head of Product at Fing
    VioletChepil
  • Lee_Bo
    Lee_Bo Member Posts: 271
    100 Comments 100 Likes 5 Answers 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭
    Original (V1) Fingbox does not have the 5ghz antennas.  You will have to purchase a V2 Fingbox. 
  • JWJ
    JWJ Member Posts: 14
    5 Likes Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment

Next to wireless (WiFi) it would be great to detect also Zigbee etc IoT devices and such

• andygodber
    andygodber Member, Beta Tester Posts: 11
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments Photogenic 5 Likes
    So - any discount / trade in for moving to New Look Fingbox ?
    gfondeur
  • gfondeur
    gfondeur Member, Beta Tester Posts: 9
    First Anniversary Photogenic 5 Likes Founder
    ✭✭
    edited August 11, 2019 #7

That's a good one, any comment from Fing here?

• VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all. We don't have any discounts available as we have very little room for margin on the device. If anything gets planned I'll update everyone. We're not actively promoting people to upgrade at this time since majority of users are V1 box and we plan for both to support all features. That said, there have been know to be some discounts around Black Friday/Cyber Monday. I'll do my best to get any visibility on discounts and share those with existing Fingbox users first as I always do. I hope this helps a bit. 

Community Manager at Fing

Marc
  • Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,708
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all. We don't have any discounts available as we have very little room for margin on the device. If anything gets planned I'll update everyone. We're not actively promoting people to upgrade at this time since majority of users are V1 box and we plan for both to support all features. That said, there have been know to be some discounts around Black Friday/Cyber Monday. I'll do my best to get any visibility on discounts and share those with existing Fingbox users first as I always do. I hope this helps a bit. 
    Thanks @VioletChepil, would definitely appreciate any advanced notice you could give... 
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Pooh
    Pooh Member, Beta Tester Posts: 674
    500 Likes 500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I held off getting my Fingbox simply because I really liked the idea of getting it for below $100. When they finally dropped it to $99 from $129 then I snapped it up in a instant. Now I kinda wished I hadn't waited.
    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
    VioletChepilgfondeur