Internet/mobile speed tests - 1

System
System Administrator Posts: 81
10 Comments Photogenic
admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Internet performance test.

Comments

• AlanT
    AlanT Member, Beta Tester Posts: 9
    Photogenic First Comment
    Problem persists, but I have noticed that the graph at the bottom of the Internet Performance page appears to be updating correctly.  A minor error though - when I scroll along the graph my location is shown as "London, GB" (fairly accurate), but otherwise the location is "New York_NY, US (+2)", as shown below.

• VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @AlanT I've just moved this case into its own thread here. Thanks so much for your help and time with this. 

A few details I need to help our developers troubleshoot:
    - Is this the mobile speed test from Fing App or Fingbox speed tests?
    - Is this impacting manual or automatic speed tests? (If you could clarify if there is any difference in whether this is coming from the manual on the mobile speed test from Fing App)
    - Where is the location where this is happening?

Then after, I can use this information to help investigate. 
    I really appreciate your help with this. Just trying to get to the bottom of the exact variables so we can complete an investigation.

If you need any help or clarification, just let me know. 

Community Manager at Fing

• AlanT
    AlanT Member, Beta Tester Posts: 9
    Photogenic First Comment
    The speed tests are from the Fingbox.
    Not quite sure how the second question applies to this issue.  There appears now to be no difference between the manual or scheduled speed tests in that neither are recorded in History.
    I live in Thatcham, in the UK about 80Km West of London.
    Another thing -  when I watch a speed tests progressing only the download speed appears to be measured but both download and upload speeds are displayed
    VioletChepil
  • VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @AlanT
    I can now use this information for our investigation with the development team.
    Thank you kindly for supplying. 

Community Manager at Fing