Remove network not working

CarnakCarnak Member Posts: 4

I scanned a hotel network where I was staying last week, and it won’t allow me to remove it. Why not?

Answers

• MarcMarc Member, Beta Tester Posts: 485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Carnak, have a look at this thread....  in a nutshell, try it from the web app and see if that works.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    VioletChepilHronos
  • VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,474 admin
    Thanks @Marc that is perfect.

@Carnak
    Could you try deleting these networks form the web app following these steps and let me know how you get on and report back on this thread?
    To delete the network from the web app, please follow the steps:  

1) Sign in to the web app: app.fing.com 

2) On the Top left corner, click on the 'Fing' icon that will bring up the list of your networks. 

3) Please Click on the Network you want to delete and then on the top right corner, click on the 'Settings' and then you will see a list of options. 

4) Please click on the Delete this Network and then confirm 'Delete'. 

5) Go to Account Settings, then go to 'Account Storage' and then click on 'Synchronize' and then restart the phone. 

Let me know how that works, and otherwise we may need to check into your account further. 
    Once you do that, you should be able to delete from your account again. Let me know how you get on! 

Community Manager at Fing

• kltaylorkltaylor Member, Beta Tester Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes hotel network will allow access to their wireless via VLAN, meaning that you're on your own private network with limited access to the internet.  In this process you cannot see nor attempt to access anyone else using their wireless access.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    VioletChepil
  • CarnakCarnak Member Posts: 4
    Thank you all for your responses.  Logging in via pc based web browser allowed me to remove this unwanted network
    VioletChepil
  • VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,474 admin
    Awesome @Carnak that is great to hear.
    Could you also let me know (in the future when this use case occurs) whether you are now also able to delete networks from the app as well? 

Community Manager at Fing