Changing user name

brewer1stbrewer1st Member, Beta Tester Posts: 2
Hi,
I used the app to assign a username and had a problem with the UI causing a typo.  How do I change my user name without changing my email address?
Tagged:
Ciaran

Answers

• MarcMarc Member, Beta Tester Posts: 485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Brewer1ss , welcome to the forums...  Not sure if you mean for Fing or these forums but for either you will need the help of the Fing folks to change it.  @VioletChepil should be able to help once she's back on line.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Ciaran
  • CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 220 admin
    Hi @Brewer1ss, to change the user name of a Fing account, please do the following, when logged into your Fing account:
    Via the App:
    1. Click on the Avatar in the top right of the App.
    2. This will bring you to the 'Account & Settings' page
    3. Click on the 1st option (again it will have your Avatar & the e-mail address of the account)
    4. Click 'Edit' in the top right hand corner or the display.
    5. You will have an 2 options: 'Select Avatar'/ ' Change account name'

Alternatively, you can also do this by logging in via the Web app on a desktop:
    1. Again, click on Avatar
    2. Choose 'Account'
    3. You can then edit the 'display name' & click save

I hope this helps, but if there is anything else we can help with, let us know. 

• brewer1stbrewer1st Member, Beta Tester Posts: 2

Thank you. My user name for the community forum is the issue. I tried a similar path there to change the user name and did not find the option.

• VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,474 admin
    edited November 12
    Hi @Brewer1ss
    EDITED: 
    I believe admins must do this for you.
    Can you please send me a DM with the new name you'd like and I'll update this for you?
    Cheers

Community Manager at Fing

• VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,474 admin
    @Brewer1ss Ok we've tested and I believe admins must do this. Please see post above and DM me here and I'll do this for you:
    https://community.fing.com/profile/VioletChepil

Community Manager at Fing