Internet performance test

13»

Answers

• merced
    merced Member Posts: 14
    10 Comments First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper

Fingbox near rome (Italy) , 90% speedtest results from Podgorica, ME... With high latency and very low speed.

VioletChepil
  • Carlos_G
    Carlos_G Member Posts: 2
    Third Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    Hello, my Fingbox has Fingbox firmware 1.14.14, and the speed test it is lower than before 6 november. I have 600MB, and the speed test show 500MB. When the speed test is made with a computer, it's OK 620MB. So the problem persist.
  • VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Carlos_G this is likely because of the degradation to single stream speed tests on the MLAB side. 
    more details:
    To give an update on this, we have been in contact with our Speedtest partners, M-Labs. They confirmed that they have recently rolled out an upgraded infrastructure & migration of machines to a new platform. This is being done to improve the overall Speedtest performance going forward. By doing this, initially they have cut of the multi-stream download Speedtest that we rely on for our Speedtests. However, they have greatly improved the single stream download Speedtest (previously the single stream download could measure up to 250 Mbps, where now it can measure up to 500+ Mbps). With speeds above this, the measured speed reported will be lower than before, due to the single stream limits. 

Community Manager at Fing

• Carlos_G
    Carlos_G Member Posts: 2
    Third Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    Thank you very much Violet, M-Lab has informed when the service will be fully restored?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • douwevt
    douwevt Member Posts: 8
    5 Agrees First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    Well, I get all tests successful, the only problem is that the reported speed is much much lower than when I test from a pc using speedtest.net.... While it is downloading from Amsterdam, which is, I suppose correct as I am in The Netherlands.
  • drtj
    drtj Member Posts: 5
    Second Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

Recently the Fingbox is reporting upload speed which matches other speed tests (eg Ookla on a laptop hardwired to the same switch as the Fingbox) BUT Fingbox reported download speed is 2.1Mbps vs 112Mbps on Ookla.

Anyone know what’s gone wrong? Used to be no practical difference.

Grateful for any thoughts!!