Internet performance test

Answers

• VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all, Just some more information on MLAB single stream tests:

For more information on differences between single and multiple stream tests, please see:   https://www.measurementlab.net/blog/speed-tests-accuracy/ 

Community Manager at Fing

• Pops7272
    Pops7272 Member, Beta Tester Posts: 16
    10 Comments Photogenic 5 Likes First Answer
    OK, I've now has two automatic Internet Performace reports, one at 04:41 and the second at 08:04, and a manual test was also successful.
    Robert
  • AlanT
    AlanT Member, Beta Tester Posts: 9
    Photogenic First Comment
    After previous multiple fails I have successful tests at 23:04 yesterday and 04:12 today then, according to history, another fail at 10:46 but the Internet Performance Page itself reports a successful test 3 hours ago (it is now 14:03), not listed as such in History.  I have just made a manual test which was successful.
  • EyeTap
    EyeTap Member Posts: 21
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes Photogenic
    It's now a bit an odd situation:

In the network-tab I can see reasonable values for the performance of the internet and I can see these as well if I go into the respective details. Testing the performance manually works well too.

If I go to have a look at the performance history though I always see that the measurements failed (even the one I just completed successfully)....

Chris
    VioletChepil
  • AlanT
    Photogenic First Comment
    My recent manual test is recorded correctly in History, umlike EyeTap's.  I will try another later.
    VioletChepil
  • EyeTap
    EyeTap said:
    It's now a bit an odd situation:

In the network-tab I can see reasonable values for the performance of the internet and I can see these as well if I go into the respective details. Testing the performance manually works well too.

If I go to have a look at the performance history though I always see that the measurements failed (even the one I just completed successfully)....

Chris
    I did power cycle the Fingbox - now a newly initiated manual measurement results are also showing up in the history... :)
    VioletChepil
  • VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @EyeTap and @AlanT for reporting back :) 

• paul_palace
    paul_palace Member Posts: 30
    10 Comments First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Likes

I have powered on and off fingbox . Still getting measurements failed on all tests .

test appears to do download test but doesn’t do upload test .

paul

• CasperCat
    CasperCat Member, Beta Tester Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

Internet speed measurement is back to normal and reading correctly again on manual mode although automated tests are all failing

• paul_palace

For me the download test looks ok but no upload test done abs error message measurement failed on all history of tests

• AlanT
    Photogenic First Comment
    History now showing "Measurement Failed" for both manual and scheduled speed tests since yesterday (08/11/19) at 16:11 (5 tests in total), but scheduled and manual tests are being performed and apparently recorded correctly under "Last speed test".
  • VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @AlanT @EyeTap @Paul_palace
    Could you test again? If the issue persists you could add a screenshot here. We've just tested and should be working again now. 

• AlanT
    Photogenic First Comment
    The problem still persists.  One Manual speed test earlier today was correctly recorded in History but another I have just done was not.  None of the automatic tests are recorded in history since Friday at 04:12.  Two screen shots:
    MDavide
  • EyeTap

Same for me...

MDavide
  • VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all, I'm looking into this and will update the thread when I have any more information.
    Thanks for keeping us informed. 

• VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @AlanT we've flagged this internally and I'll let you know if we have any further update. 

• VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @AlanT @paul_palace @Pops7272 @EyeTap
    I'm going to need a couple more details to help our support/product teams. I'm going to split each of your cases into a separate thread and we can troubleshoot from there.

• MDavide
    MDavide Member Posts: 53
    Second Anniversary 25 Likes 10 Comments First Answer
    ✭✭✭
    edited November 12, 2019 #49
    EyeTap said:

Same for me...

Same here. 
    Fw 1.14.13 in place
    Thank you. 

Davide
  • VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @MDavide thanks a lot for reporting. Could you help me a bit further? (and anyone else experiencing persistent issues). 
    Could you report your ongoing issue here: https://community.fing.com/categories/beta-testing-mobile-speed-test

Create a new discussion for your issue and please provide the following information: 
    - Is this the mobile speed test from Fing App or Fingbox speed tests?
    - Is this impacting manual or automatic speed tests? (If you could clarify if there is any difference in whether this is coming from the manual on the mobile speed test from Fing App)
    - Where is the location where this is happening?

This way our dev/product team can investigate these case by case further.

• AlanT
    Photogenic First Comment
    Speed tests are now working fine and being recorded correctly in History - 18 tests since Friday, 15/11/19 at 08:02 all OK.  Many thanks!
    paul_palaceVioletChepil
  • paul_palace

Same for me - all good since 1400 gmt Friday 15.

VioletChepil
  • VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @AlanT and @paul_palace thanks a lot. I believe since you are beta testing for us and submitted your cases you would have the beta test firmware. Very good its working. This should be rolling out to the rest once confirmed! I'll be back soon with more details. 

• paul_palace

• EyeTap
    I can't confirm for myself that things changed.
    I still mostly see "Measurement failed"....
  • VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,
    Fingbox firmware 1.14.14 just released which should fix the speed tests failing. And this should fix the issue. This was due to the recent MLAB changes and out of control of Fing but we've been trying to adapt and solve as quickly as we can. The firmware will update automatically within the next 24 hours. If you'd like to force the firmware update faster, you can manually power cycle the Fingbox and it should update within the next hour. Do let me know if any questions at all! 

• Pops7272
    Pops7272 Member, Beta Tester Posts: 16
    10 Comments Photogenic 5 Likes First Answer
    Not sure if it is related to the recent problems, but under Internet Performance, the graph at the bottom of the page "Average performance of last week" gives the last reading as being at 04:47 on Tuesday 19 even though the History page shows that there were (successful) scheduled tests at 08:50, 12:42 and a manual test at 14:56
    VioletChepil
  • paul_palace

I think he graph shows an average reading per day - so the average of all the daily tests as one graph point but only when the day has rolled over - so tomorrow Wednesday will then show one average value for Tuesday - I think ! I’m guessing.

it would be good to be able to select differs graph types and dates manually. Like all outages and average outage time etc and performance over a day/week / year etc

paul

VioletChepilRobin_Ex_Fing
  • VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Pops7272 @paul_palace - I've confirmed with the team that @paul_palace is correct - when the day has rolled over - it will show an average value from the previous day. @paul_palace you could submit the latter part as a feature request over here if you like? 
    https://community.fing.com/categories/fingbox-feature-requests

• paul_palace

Will do Violet - thanks

paul

VioletChepil