What Network streaming issues have you had?

We are all using streaming services from providers such as Netflix, Apple TV, Prime Video, QoBuz, Tidal etc., but what issues have you had that interrupted your enjoyment? More importantly, did you resolve those issues & how?
RobinCiaranVioletChepil

Answers

• kltaylorkltaylor Member Posts: 558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buffering, even though I pull 100+ MBps download speed.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    VioletChepil
  • PixelpopperPixelpopper Member Posts: 49 ✭✭✭
    edited November 4
    Is that an ongoing issue or have you resolved it & audio, video, both?
    VioletChepil
  • keithatpdakeithatpda Member Posts: 57 ✭✭✭

I don't understand, streaming issues with 100+ MBps, how can that happen?

We have fixed wireless, 25/5 plan, with peak congestion, lucky to get 5mbps in the evening and streaming netflix or various tv catchups via the net are good most days.

Standard resolution, buffering evident below 5mbps.

Unusable at 2 or 3 mbps.

Been complaining about congestion for years, supposed the be fixed SOON.

(Tower infrastructure designed before netflix arrived in au)

VioletChepil
  • VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKAdministrator Posts: 2,232 admin
    I have Skybox - and every time I use it while raining, it is completely pixelated and doesn't work. 
    I can only download shows from the past but anything I try to stream buffers the entire time.
    I've not solved this issue and actually maybe I should start a new thread. Maybe it's the satellite on the roof of my house? (Actually better question is whether I'd have a satellite up there?) 
    Anyways, I'm not very happy with Skybox performance for streaming.
    I never have any issues with Netflix/Amazon Fire TV.

Community Manager at Fing

I have Skybox - and every time I use it while raining, it is completely pixelated and doesn't work. 
    The problem you describe is typical of a mis-aligned satellite dish/lnb or possibly a faulty LNB. I’m not familiar with the skybox (I refuse to contribute to the murdoch empire) but in the settings there will be an option to display signal quality & strength, the manual should give some guidance on this. Once you’ve checked your aerial leads are connected correctly that’s the next place to check, if there are poor signals or signal quality then some channels will show pixelation & other channels may not work at all. Once you’ve checked, speak to sky and they will recommend getting your dish/lnb alignment checked & may even do it for you.
    VioletChepil
    kltaylor said:
    Buffering, even though I pull 100+ MBps download speed.
    Try SpeedSmart or Speedtest apps (Or equivalents) to test speed to a number of different remote servers (Details included in the app). If they confirm your quoted sync speeds & download speeds then you’re likely to have a local network issue.
    My connection sync speed is 49.9 Mbps but download speed 47Mbps Max and sometimes much lower but to date I haven’t experienced buffering with Netflix HD or HD audio downloads from Tidal, often these are running simultaneously on 3-4 devices.
    VioletChepil
  • VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKAdministrator Posts: 2,232 admin
    Thanks a lot @Pixelpopper I will definitely look into this. 
    I've not had the time to pursue it - but need to. So far not enjoying my Skybox at all. I think they already recommended dish issues but I think they came to fix - but not sure they really did. 

Community Manager at Fing