bakryhetta Member, Beta Tester Posts: 8
Photogenic First Comment

Best Answers

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    100 Comments 25 Likes First Anniversary Member of the Month
    ✭✭✭
    #2 Accepted Answer
    Briefly, the second screenshot is showing that your network is dropping packets & latency is not good ping timing is high (at 1170 ms round trip timing. A quick google on both items will provide all of the information you’ll need.
    VioletChepilbakryhetta
  • VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    #3 Accepted Answer
    Thank you @bakryhetta - and feel free to add any more questions on the Fing Community also about your Network or Devices too. 

Community Manager at Fing

bakryhetta

Answers

• VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot @Pixelpopper!

• bakryhetta
    Photogenic First Comment

I want to know what is meant by ( 16 ms الانحراف المعيار ) it is in Arabic , in the second screenshot .If there's an explanation .In Google i found it is a mathematical formula ,but i want to know its relation to internet measurements ,if there's .

Thanks .

• [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    edited November 4, 2019 #6

I want to know what is meant by ( 16 ms الانحراف المعيار ) it is in Arabic , in the second screenshot .If there's an explanation .In Google i found it is a mathematical formula ,but i want to know its relation to internet measurements ,if there's .

Thanks .

Hi again, I’m not sure if this is what you’re looking for but here we go with an English explanation:-
    ”ms” is the abbreviation for “milli-second” or one thousandth of one second. In the decimal system this would be shown as .001 of a second or in fractions 1/1000 of a second.
    So, the case that you refer to would be shown as 16 ms or .016 seconds or 16/1000 (an improper fraction in this case).
    In normal networking you would expect a few milliseconds for a ping response time but in your screenshots 1170 ms is very long (over 1 second) and indicates there are potential problems, the red vertical lines are indicating dropped packets which confirms there is a problem which will cause problems for devices running on your network.

I hope this helps but feel free to ask if you have further questions.

paul

Ciaranbakryhetta
  • bakryhetta
    Photogenic First Comment

I know ms but i ask about the item itself which is named in Arabic ( الانحراف المعيار ) which i can understand it as some deviation but do not know deviation from what ?

Thank you a lot .

VioletChepil
  • [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    edited November 5, 2019 #8
    Regarding the Arabic I’m afraid I can’t help. I’m guessing that what you are referring to is the mathematical term “Standard Deviation” which is a statistical function. Basically, “the Standard deviation is a number used to tell how measurements for a group are spread out from the average (mean), or expected value.”
    I’m afraid that I’m not a mathematician so can’t really offer more of an explanation on this but hopefully this will be a useful starting point if you wish to study the subject further.

all the best.
    P.S. I attach an image, in English, which may help.

VioletChepilbakryhetta
  • VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Pixelpopper

• bakryhetta
    Photogenic First Comment

I thank you very much .

VioletChepil