Differences between ethernet connection and wifi ?

krell60
krell60 Member Posts: 4
First Comment Photogenic

Fing functions are the same with devices connected with ethernet cable and wifi ?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,719
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    #2 Accepted Answer
    Hi @krell60 and welcome to the forums...  Fing will get you similar details back from a device whether it is attached via wired or wireless connections.  The difference is in the connection specific details Fing pulls back.  For example, a details like signal strength, which would have no relevance on a wired connection, would not be available.  Were you looking for a full list of differences or is this enough details for you?
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    #3 Accepted Answer
    Hi @krell60
    You would be able to but your network requires:
    - disabling IPv6
    - access on the following ports: Allow Fingbox to reach any IP address on the following TCP ports: 80, 443, 4443, 5671. In addition, the ports needed for the Internet Speed Test, provided by M-Lab include 3001, 3002, 3003.

Let me know any more details you need and if you need to access about any specific devices as well!
    Cheers,
    Violet

Community Manager at Fing

Answers

• krell60
    First Comment Photogenic
    I would just like to be sure that I can block, limit or program the internet connection for devices connected with an Ethernet cable
  • krell60
    First Comment Photogenic
    I would just like to be sure that I can block, limit or program the internet connection for devices connected with an Ethernet cable
    VioletChepil
  • krell60
    First Comment Photogenic
    Ok perfect, thankyou very much !
    MarcVioletChepil