Technology & Animals...

CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,174
1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
admin

We often think of technological advancements in terms of lifestyle improvements relating to humans. However, I recently read an article relating to technological advancements in relation to animals. Some of the points made in the article:

·         Drones protecting endangered species.

·         Improvements in animal/pet trackers/chips

·         Meat substitutes

·         Improved technology in medical advancements for animals

I would love to hear of any innovative ways that our Community may use their technology, devices or Smart home in relation to your pets?

Article referenced: How technology is improving the life of animals:  https://interestingengineering.com/how-technology-is-improving-the-lives-of-animals

Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
MarcVioletChepilkltaylor

Comments

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,364
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    My company sponsored a wellness competition where the metric was the amount of steps you could do per week.  I have a dog, I had a Fitbit. Fitbit on dog collar = lots of steps credited to me...  Yup, I do love technology and animals..   ;)
    Great picture by the way @Ciaran
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Ciarankltaylor
  • VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now, I'm not using anything advanced for my two pets.
    I keep being targeted by a geolocation tracker for lost pets in the forest. Ironically, this always happens (with an Instagram ad) while I'm in the forest looking for my 2 dogs (who are not lost per say but I'm definitely chasing them). They love taking off to chase squirrels. I've not tried this yet, but am curios if anyone has any experience with Pet trackers! Perhaps I'll start up another thread on this. 

Community Manager at Fing

Ciarankltaylor
  • CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,174
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    @Marc haha, this is hilarious. You beat the system thank to your canine friend :) If there are any prizes I hope they are shared with your dog :)

Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Marckltaylor