Request: allow each fingbox of a fing account to use it's own time zone

adam
adam Member, Beta Tester Posts: 63
25 Likes 10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
✭✭✭
edited August 6, 2019 in Fingbox feature requests #1
I have multiple fingboxes in different time zones and right now the time they obtain seems to be taken from a setting in my fing user account.     

As a result all fing boxes have the same time zone and as I have time based internet usage blocks setup it becomes quite confusing as it means I have to set these up in totally different times than the actual hours of the day in the country in question.    

I'd argue that this is a useful thing to get fixed because it would really promote remote management with fingboxes.
Tagged:
VioletChepiladambenhelps
2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe Fingboxes should be taking the iOS/Android settings from your phone. Is that what yours are using? 
    I'm going to tag this also as a featurerequest for review by product in the future. 

Community Manager at Fing

• adam
    adam Member, Beta Tester Posts: 63
    25 Likes 10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    edited August 6, 2019 #3
    Thanks @VioletChepil , I was told a while ago that it was from the main user account by someone at fing.   That certainly seems to be the case still as I have one of my boxes setup with times in the blocking feature that are 5 hours off the actual time I want them to come on and yet they do come on at the time I want them to.   So I don't see evidence that mine are working as you describe. 
  • VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Just turning this one into an ideas thread so others can vote. Cast your vote if you'd like to see implemented too.

Community Manager at Fing