Multi-LAN support - Has anyone found a way to bridge the Fingbox across multiple subnets?

Chiefplumber
Chiefplumber Member, Beta Tester Posts: 11
Third Anniversary 10 Comments Name Dropper 5 Likes
✭✭✭
edited August 14, 2019 in Fingbox #1
Has anyone found a way to bridge the Fingbox across multiple subnets?  I am a Verizon FiOS customer and need to separate my in-home network from the set top boxes.  It would be nice to monitor both networks without purchasing a second Fingbox.

Comments

• VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's see if anyone has a work around. Fingbox doesn't support multi-VLANs and we aren't planning to I don't believe since Domotz (our sister company) is providing those sort of functionalities! https://www.domotz.com/ 

Community Manager at Fing

• Lee_Bo
    Lee_Bo Member Posts: 272
    100 Comments 100 Likes Second Anniversary 5 Answers
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately Fing doesn't support multiple VLANS.
    However, I did install Domotz on a Windows machine at home (for testing purposes) and it does support VLANS.  While I'm not a fan of subscriptions, that seems to be the wave of the future and may have to bite the bullet on this one.
  • Romulus
    Romulus Member, Beta Tester Posts: 35
    25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Agrees Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    I purchased a 2nd Fingbox to support a separate VLAN. Would definitely have to look at other solutions if I had more than just the two.
    Lee_Bo
  • Lee_Bo
    Lee_Bo Member Posts: 272
    100 Comments 100 Likes Second Anniversary 5 Answers
    ✭✭✭✭
    Romulus said:
    I purchased a 2nd Fingbox to support a separate VLAN. Would definitely have to look at other solutions if I had more than just the two.
    Yeah I'm currently playing with the trial of Domotz but I'm going to be brutally honest here:
    $19 / month?  For a business, sure.
    Home?  Um, no.
  • yozh
    yozh Member, Beta Tester Posts: 8
    First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes Photogenic
    ✭✭
    yeah, VLAN functionality would be great. Really only trunking is needed on the FINbox side. 
  • VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Chiefplumber I've slightly modified the title of the post to make it a bit more eye catching for those who may be searching for similar information! 

• Jon_Irish
    Jon_Irish Member, Beta Tester Posts: 37
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I would be willing to pay more for a Fingbox with multiple interfaces so that it could exist on multiple subnets/vlans at once.
    VioletChepil
  • VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    That's very good to know @Jon_Irish - you can also add that feature request here if you like:
    https://community.fing.com/categories/fingbox-feature-requests
    feel free to add any details about what you'd be willing to pay too/any use cases (home/business) to strengthen the case as well
    (Don't forget to add your upvote too!) 

• Jon_Irish
    Jon_Irish Member, Beta Tester Posts: 37
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Violet... I just submitted my request.
    VioletChepil
  • vicorly
    vicorly Member, Beta Tester Posts: 6
    First Comment Photogenic
    Yeah I wish Fingbox could support multiple subnets, not necessarily VLANs. I have a client where I just installed a nice SonicWALL NSA 2650. Ethernet LAN is 10.0.25.x. Primary WLAN is 10.0.26.x, Guest WLAN is 172.16.7.x - would like the Fingbox to be able to scan all 3.
    VioletChepil
  • VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @vicorly you can add your upvote/ideas and comments to @Jon_Irish requests over here: https://community.fing.com/discussion/1661/multiple-interfaces-for-multiple-subnet-vlan-support