What’s the most useful Fingbox feature? A harmonious family life!

David
David Member Posts: 9
5 Likes Name Dropper First Answer Photogenic
✭✭
edited August 5, 2019 in Fingbox #1

One of the best features of FingBox is the ability to do the bandwidth analysis and find out exactly which of the lovely kids is hogging the bandwidth while simultaneously complaining the most! It’s stopped more than a few ‘discussions’ in our house!

What’s the most useful feature from your perspective and how has it helped in your home?

Tagged:
GidsterVioletChepil

Comments

• VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Community Manager at Fing

• Lee_Bo
    Lee_Bo Member Posts: 271
    100 Comments 100 Likes 5 Answers 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally love the "automatically block new devices" feature.  So even is someone does manage to get on my wifi, they still won't have internet access until I allow it.
    adamVioletChepil
  • Bryce
    Bryce Member Posts: 20
    10 Comments First Anniversary First Answer 5 Likes
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite is 'scheduled pause' - great for keeping children in line and off the internet so they have time to do other stuff, not on their devices.
    VioletChepil
  • Speedf
    Speedf Member Posts: 34
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Likes Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I have two :)
    Firstly, such a simple piece of functionaltiy, but it's great to be able to see what devices are connected to my network, often surprises me and friends to know that I have 65 devices connected at my home!  
    Secondly, I just love the ability to see when family members arrive home safely because their device connects to the network.  Peace of mind!
    jw_nedVioletChepil
  • CaptainBuck
    CaptainBuck Member, Beta Tester Posts: 4
    5 Likes Photogenic First Comment

My favourite feature is the ability to find your internet IP address. I use it to VPN back to the home network without having the expense of registering a domain name...👍😁😁

GidsterVioletChepil
  • David
    David Member Posts: 9
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Answer Photogenic
    ✭✭
    Speedf said:
    I have two :)
    Firstly, such a simple piece of functionaltiy, but it's great to be able to see what devices are connected to my network, often surprises me and friends to know that I have 65 devices connected at my home!  
    Secondly, I just love the ability to see when family members arrive home safely because their device connects to the network.  Peace of mind!
    The arrival / departure alerts are brilliant, especially for knowing that someone is home. Linked it with Hue and Hive to add a bit of extra utility!
    VioletChepil