FingBox not working

HereComeTheBugsHereComeTheBugs Member, Beta Tester Posts: 11
Photogenic 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
edited October 2019 in Fingbox
I recently replaced my main internet router and since then (about 3-4 months ago) I have not been able to get my FingBox working again. Back when I replaced my router we had problems with our internet completely going dead. I wasn't sure what the problem was. I thought there might be some incompatibility with the FingBox, Firewalla (I have one of those too) and our new router. I spent days trying to figure it out. The only thing I could determine was that when I removed both the FingBox and the Firewalla the internet started working again. Since then I have done more troubleshooting and determined that putting the Firewalla into DHCP mode and letting it be the DHCP server I was able to get internet back up. I never got the FingBox working though.... and I honestly cant remember what I tried as at the time I was fed up with troubleshooting and needed a break from it all heh. Right now the status is that when I plug my FingBox in to both power and network the unit LED just stays white. I honestly think I need to reset the whole thing and start back at step zero with the FingBox. How do I do that?? Additionally... how do I get the iPhone App to allow me to delete networks? When I tap on networks at the top and then try to swipe left on one of my old networks then select delete it just says "Failed to remove from account"

Answers

• VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok for resetting Fingbox here are the steps: 
    It could be the Fingbox stuck in half reset - so please complete them all.
    Here are the full steps to go through!
    Reset Fingbox
    1. Unplug the Fingbox power adaptor from the wall outlet
    2. Find the RESET hole beside the Fingbox power port
    3. Gently insert a paperclip in the RESET hole (very gently)
    4. While keeping the RESET button gently pressed, plug the power adaptor back in
    5. Keep the RESET button pressed for 30 seconds and release (or until a single white light flashes on the device)
    6. You should now see a single white light on
    7. After a few seconds, the top circle will start flashing, while the original factory software is loaded
    8. This process lasts for a few minutes (~3 min)
    9. A single white light will mark the end of the process
    10. Power off the Fingbox
    11. Wait 5 seconds
    12. Power it back on
    For deleting networks, we had a small bug, but if you resolve here the network deletions it should resolve it. 
    To delete the network from the web app, please follow the steps:  

1) Sign in to the web app: (https://app.fing.com) 

2) On the Top left corner, click on the 'Fing' icon that will bring up the list of your networks. 

3) Please Click on the Network you want to delete and then on the top right corner, click on the 'Settings' and then you will see a list of options. 

4) Please click on the Delete this Network and then confirm 'Delete'. 

5) Go to Account Settings, then go to 'Account Storage' and then click on 'Synchronize' and then restart the phone. 

Once you do that, you should synchro your account and be able to delete from the apps.
    Can you let me know if you are able to afterwards?

Community Manager at Fing

• HereComeTheBugsHereComeTheBugs Member, Beta Tester Posts: 11
    Photogenic 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    Ah... so sorry @VioletChepil I'm already good to go. My issues were resolved a few days ago here. I posted this one first and went to edit it.. something went screwy and I thought I accidentally deleted this post as I couldn't find it anymore. Really sorry for the extra work. Thank you for your support!

VioletChepil
  • VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahh that's Ok @HereComeTheBugs no problem at all!
    Cheers,
    Violet

Community Manager at Fing