Avast says hackers breached internal network through compromised VPN profile
Czech cyber-security software maker Avast disclosed today a security breach that impacted its internal network.
In a statement published today, the company said it believed the attack's purpose was to insert malware into the CCleaner software, similar to the infamous CCleaner 2017 incident.
-Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
- 5.4K All Categories
- 2.7K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 998 Devices & Security
- 1.5K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 111 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 39 Network Infrastructure
- 5.1K Ask about Fing
- 529 Fing Account Change Request
- 1.1K Fing Desktop
- 1.2K Fing App
- 1.6K Fingbox
- 480 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 151 Community Updates
- 22 Getting started
- 12 Community User Guides