PSA: Google Home and Alexa Owners
We’ve known since the spring of last year that Amazon Alexa and Google Home smart speakers can eavesdrop on owners, and even phish them via voice. However, new research shows that new malicious apps with these capabilities continue to be approved by both companies.
The two vulnerabilities, demonstrated in videos below, occur because both companies make their speakers smarter by allowing third-party developers to create apps or “skills” for them. Apple’s HomePod is safe because the company doesn’t allow this type of third-party access…
To read more, click on the Source link above.
-Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
- 5.4K All Categories
- 2.7K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 998 Devices & Security
- 1.5K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 111 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 39 Network Infrastructure
- 5.1K Ask about Fing
- 529 Fing Account Change Request
- 1.1K Fing Desktop
- 1.2K Fing App
- 1.6K Fingbox
- 480 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 151 Community Updates
- 22 Getting started
- 12 Community User Guides