What does the Remove device button do?

System
System Administrator Posts: 82
10 Comments Photogenic
admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Identify All Devices.

Comments

• Mand
    Mand Member Posts: 14
    10 Comments 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    In the app, will the "Remove device" button simply hide it from me, or somehow disconnect it from the network?

I have a mystery device listed which doesn't belong to me or anyone I know, but I don't want to just hide it from my own sight, I want to know about it if it connects.

Sorry to butt into this thread, but I cannot see how to start a new thread within any category (feeling very dim, yes, but I have tried the browser's Find within page and still can't find "Start" or "New discussion" or any button like that)!
  • VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Mand thanks a lot for your question. I split this question off into a new thread for you. I had meant to comment here and inform you yesterday but it slipped away from me. (aka I forgot!) 
    Yes, that is exactly how the remove device works. It will remove the device until it appears again. This is used to keep the list clean - but then if it reconnects again. As for the second question, I'm also going to pop that one into a new thread since it's more related to community feedback!! 
    Its best to keep 1 question/topic per thread if that makes sense.
    Anyways let me know any other way I can help. Cheers!
    Violet

Community Manager at Fing

• Mand
    Hi @Mand thanks a lot for your question. I split this question off into a new thread for you. I had meant to comment here and inform you yesterday but it slipped away from me. (aka I forgot!) 

Haha - I always feel better when that happens to someone else and it wasn't me! :)
    Yes, that is exactly how the remove device works. It will remove the device until it appears again. This is used to keep the list clean - but then if it reconnects again.
    So, just to be clear, hitting Remove device will *disconnect* the mystery device?
    As for the second question, I'm also going to pop that one into a new thread since it's more related to community feedback!! 
    Its best to keep 1 question/topic per thread if that makes sense.
    Anyways let me know any other way I can help. Cheers!
    Violet

Of course. I found how to do it when I got onto my laptop, so I have this Remove Device question in two places now - which I'm happy with as long as no one minds.
  • VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mand remove device just kind of hides it from your list. If it reconnects again/or you scan again and its there, it would come back. 
    (for security)
    To block the device, you'd need our Fingbox add-on. This would block the device from accessing your network. 
    https://www.fing.com/products/fingbox 

Community Manager at Fing

• Mand
    Got it :)
    Never mind.