Anyone experienced using HomeAssistant with webhooks?

VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
✭✭✭✭✭✭
I'm looking for some Home Assistant experts to help out on this thread here with @Snakuzzo
https://community.fing.com/discussion/1122/how-to-set-events-on-new-iftt-applet-integration#latest
Would be great if you have experience using web hook triggers on your Home Assistant. 
If you are a Home Assistant expert, feel free to comment below as I can potentially use your help too in the future! 

Community Manager at Fing

VioletChepilRobin

Answers

• MirekmalMirekmal Member, Beta Tester Posts: 66
    25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Awesomes 5 Agrees
    ✭✭✭
    Not really direct answert to your question, since I do not have broad experience with IFTTT, but perhaps will help... So for homeassistant presence detection there are several other alternatives:
    - using native hassio ping sensor and assign it as device tracker to person, whos presence need to be detected
    - if the device to be tracked is iPhone, this functionality is build into companion app (currently 1.5 available at AppStore, but development is now abandoned; any time soon 2.0 should be available with extended functionality).
    - if it is android device, there is another app in work (or perhaps already available, but since I'm not adroid guy, I'm not tracking it)
    - personaly I use Life360 integration, that provides very accurate and relatively fast detection.
    Finally for more reliable detection bayesian sensor can be created in hassio to combine several trackers into one and considering probability of trackers accuracy...
    BTW, problems with IFTTT and its cloud nature is the reason why we aksed for API level integration with hassio :-)
    VioletChepil
  • SnakuzzoSnakuzzo Member, Beta Tester Posts: 7
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

Hi, I already know these solutions. I'm using life360 for my homeassistant instance ;)... but I need to realize (if it's possible) this integration for other purposes...

VioletChepil
  • VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Snakuzzo still trying to recruit for help with the post! 

Community Manager at Fing