Any way beside fake location app, to set my gps value to a specific number?

Sheikh_m1Sheikh_m1 Member Posts: 6
5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
edited October 2019 in Devices & Security

Is there any way beside fake location app,that i will be able set my gps value to a specific number?

I mean just one lat&long ,i could modify i manually by myself in android mobile?

I will be grateful if someone could help me through this problem, fake location app deliver a lat&long ,with so many value after ( . ) :

For example real mobile gps value is about :

But fake location app will show this with so many diffrence :

That is not acceptable for my purpose?

Thanks for your time&care.

Tagged:
VioletChepilRobinCiarankltaylor

Answers

• PoohPooh Member, Beta Tester Posts: 674
    500 Likes 500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zero experience myself, however here's a list of app's that pupport to do this for you: https://www.trickxpert.com/5-best-fake-gps-location-spoofer-apps-android/
    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
    Sheikh_m1kltaylorHronos
  • VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

Community Manager at Fing

kltaylorSheikh_m1
  • SimoneSpinozziSimoneSpinozzi Member, Beta Tester Posts: 88
    25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Awesomes 5 Agrees
    ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Yeah, searching "Fake GPS" on the play store is the easiest way.

By default your phone wants to be as precise as possible, therefore, unless you reinstall a specific build of android in it that allows you to set those numbers... it will not do it.

Your problem with the "excess numbers" is... actually very simple. You have your location with civilian GPS (~3 meter precision), the fake GPS allows you to set military GPS values (30 cm precision), though from what i see it also allows you to set even more than military precision values, the GPS standard is based on precise timing difference between nuclear clock pulses differences on a known trajectory and this looks like it goes up to femtoseconds precision (which is unattainable. 😂)

So, to get these values

in this format

all you need to do is input either this:

or this

depending on how whatever tries to get information from your phone handles input.
    VioletChepilkltaylorHronos
    ✭✭✭
    Since the original post is... open to interpretation... let me also offer a different thing:
    If you are inputting:

(civilian GPS values)

and getting this out:

(impossible nonsense)

Then that is absolutely normal.... because that is how GPS works, it uses the "noise" after your basic measurements to get a more precise location for you, which is why even if you are standing still, even the best civilian GPSes will show your location "wobbling" a bit. Good fake GPS apps would actually show all the "added noise" after your basic input to vary over time so that after a while the shown location will be inside the 3 meters "square" (it's more like a wobbly n-sided polygon) given by your location

kltaylorHronos
    ✭✭✭
    Finally: if you are getting errors and you think the errors are due to the fake app adding "noise" to your location... you're wrong.

Even basic games such as Pokemon Go or Ingress or Maguss, or similar... well... they know you're spoofing the GPS signal. Because the Fake GPS app cannot avoid showing that it is modifying the base GPS signal.

Most professional apps will allow you to enter a "debug/test mode" where they will accept fake GPS data. But without rooting (gaining admin privileges) your phone/tablet/android-device/iPhone/whatever you will leave a trace that you are faking your GPS.

And most apps will not like that. I... am not going to tell you how to root your phone. Plenty of guides around. If you are one of those people that just wants a pokemon that is definitively out of your reach... sure, go ahead. I won't be giving you the rope to hang yourself with, though. There are security reasons why you should not root your phone and why if something which is not approved by you has taken control of your phone... you should overwrite the firmware rather than wrestling control by rooting. On average rooting causes more problems than it solves.
    VioletChepilkltaylorHronos
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your very comprehensive answers @SimoneSpinozzi

SimoneSpinozzikltaylorSheikh_m1
  • pwmeekpwmeek Member, Beta Tester Posts: 135
    100 Comments 100 Likes 5 Answers First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    {rant deleted on my feelings about spoofing]
    --Pete
    Bon Vivant and Raconteur
    VioletChepilkltaylor
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @pwmeek maybe we should start a thread to collect thoughts and views on it. What do you think?

kltaylor
    ✭✭✭
    @pwmeek maybe we should start a thread to collect thoughts and views on it. What do you think?
    I'd be content to hear a couple of legitimate uses for spoofing of any sort. All I see in real life are cheats (like PokemonGo) and phone number spoofing (phone spam and robocalls).
    --Pete
    Bon Vivant and Raconteur
    kltaylorHronos
  • kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,228
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm assuming at this point, since there really is no other reason to spoof a geolocation other than to label each location in a unified map (think Domotz)
    There are means on the web where you can input an address and receive the latitude and longitude of a location that will help you label those.  Outside of that reason, I don't understand why a geolocation would need to be 'spoofed' in any of our apps or devices.  It's not like you're playing Pokemon Go from a stationary position and want to pretend that you're actually walking around town to pick up the Pokestops.  (Yes, that's a thing)

"There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
  • RomulusRomulus Member, Beta Tester Posts: 35
    25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Agrees Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    @pwmeek I have a legitimate use for spoofing the GPS location.

I do flight simming and use an app that takes the GPS location of my aircraft in the flight sim to place the aircraft on for example Google Maps. It also works with applications designed to work in real aircraft so you can use those apps in the flight sim environment.
    kltaylorVioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Romulus said:
    @pwmeek I have a legitimate use for spoofing the GPS location.

I do flight simming and use an app that takes the GPS location of my aircraft in the flight sim to place the aircraft on for example Google Maps. It also works with applications designed to work in real aircraft so you can use those apps in the flight sim environment.
    I have to say, that's pretty cool!
    VioletChepilHronos
  • Sheikh_m1Sheikh_m1 Member Posts: 6

Thank you all guys ,

There is a little bit misunderstoodment

Im not a player,i'hv never done pokemon&not seen it even for first time

My agenda is to cheat a very simple app that made by amatour programer who build it by java ,i think,

The app has a data input lat&long Tab

When you click it,it will give phone real gps value that contain about 7 or 6 or less decimals ,and when i run gps fake,opps over 14 decimal digit appear on and simply expose my try!!!

So, i look for simple way to get rid of those excess! Decimals,

This is whole story!!!

I had download plenty fake gps app,but unfortuanatly all of them work with so many percesion!! I didn't find the proper app that work just like phone gps value,

Im not good enough with root or other professional metode to calibrate my phone but i'm ready to do it if get good tips!and i think i could handle it

Because this is so important to me.

Grateful if get any sort of help

kltaylor
  • RomulusRomulus Member, Beta Tester Posts: 35
    25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Agrees Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    @Sheikh_m1 You might possibly be out of luck. It could be that the built in library that handles this just happen to work with that precision when faking the GPS coordinates. My only suggestion is you try out all the various  apps and see if any of them operate differently.
    kltaylorHronosSheikh_m1
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    "My agenda is to cheat a very simple app that made by amatour programer who build it by java ,i think,
    The app has a data input lat&long Tab

When you click it,it will give phone real gps value that contain about 7 or 6 or less decimals ,and when i run gps fake,opps over 14 decimal digit appear on and simply expose my try!!!"

I have to know why you're doing this, simply for ethical reasons.  Why is this even an issue for you?

VioletChepil

Ethical? Not big deal,

I must show my presence at certain time for some body,and for ten minute or a little more in some day ,maybe late caz of traffic and long distance of 75 km travel ,

And i dont want to excuse for this condition that is out of my hands ,

Thats it and surly repay those minute after.

kltaylorVioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are stuck in traffic and arrive to your destination a bit late, your superiors aren't understanding of that, since it is as you said, 'out of your hands'?
    VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Very good discussion here and I guess branching off into discussion of spoofing and when to use. @pwmeek has started up another thread specifically on that but its interesting to see different views on it too!
    https://community.fing.com/discussion/1159/spoofing-pros-and-cons

Sheikh_m1

What is that mr ethical?

Have a question?

Feel free to ask it directly or better said,Quiet frank!

It seem you are interest in some thing else than my topic!

Good luck

VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭
    If I have to be at a certain location at a certain time, I leave early enough that no likely combination of circumstances would make me late. If I am way too early, I pull off somewhere close to my destination and pull out my phone or tablet and read for a few minutes. If by some extraordinary series of events I fail in my intention, I don't try to convince whoever was expecting me to be at that location that I actually was there.
    --Pete
    Bon Vivant and Raconteur
    VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    pwmeek said:
    If I have to be at a certain location at a certain time, I leave early enough that no likely combination of circumstances would make me late. If I am way too early, I pull off somewhere close to my destination and pull out my phone or tablet and read for a few minutes. If by some extraordinary series of events I fail in my intention, I don't try to convince whoever was expecting me to be at that location that I actually was there.
    Waze has a feature that can assist with that.  It makes things easier when I know what's ahead of me and if I need to be somewhere at a specific time.  Plan ahead!
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheikh_m1 said:

What is that mr ethical?

Have a question?

Feel free to ask it directly or better said,Quiet frank!

It seem you are interest in some thing else than my topic!

Good luck

So we've resorted to name-calling, have we?

Spoofing your geolocation to trick your professional superiors is an unethical practice.  The forums and the volunteers are here to assist everyone with their questions or issues, but this one I will walk away from.  
    Hronos
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello all just a quick reminder on the community guidelines here: https://community.fing.com/discussion/19/community-guidelines-read-before-posting to help us govern our interactions with one another. 

kltaylorHronospwmeek

No worries !!!

As we persians says; the one who look&search,he will be finder absolutely!!!

At last,one little advise:

Don't be so judgemental buddy

As i don't need to explain myself to you,but just to be clear,I did no wrong thing,

The presenc app that i use is just formally! The more important thing is concept of job that i do it perfect and well.thoes afew minutes&my intention of indemnity,wouldn't cross any moral line.