How to set Events on new IFTTT Applet Integration

Snakuzzo
Snakuzzo Member, Beta Tester Posts: 7
Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
edited October 18, 2019 in Fingbox #1
I'm trying to integrate Fingbox on my personal hub Homeassistant using a custom private applet on IFTTT.
I have configured the trigger this way...

Trigger: A user arrived
Which user?: MyName (same name on Fing app)
Which Fingbox?: FinboxName (network of my Fingbox)
Event before: blank
Event after: blank

but when my device connects to my wifi I receive the Fing app notification, but the IFTTT trigger doesn't start
is it required to populate Events ? I don't know how I can populate the fields.
Thanks

Comments

• VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, have you referred to this post on Home Assistant? https://community.fing.com/discussion/1060/how-to-integrate-fingbox-with-home-hubs-home-assistant-homebridge-openhab-via-ifttt
    You may need to use the webhooks.

Community Manager at Fing

• Snakuzzo
    edited October 16, 2019 #3

Hi @VioletChepil , I'm already using webhook. As I explained in my first post, I created an applet but the trigger doesn't work when my device connects to my Fing network. This is my trigger...

• VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok I am inquiring with the team. As you know, this was a workaround from a publication!
    So I'm trying to get some help from others who may have tried too. 
    QQ - in the Field Label/Visibility
    What is the difference between "Set by You" or "Customizable by the User"?
    I've found these articles as well detailing some steps. 
    https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/ifttt/
    https://community.home-assistant.io/t/sending-events-from-ifttt-to-home-assistant-webhooks-broken/76549/3

• Snakuzzo
    I already have other IFTTT applets using webhooks for my homeassistant instance and everything is ok.
    I've tested the call to my homeassistant instance using postman passing the exact same body configured on IFTTT applet and it works. 
    I just need to know why IFTTT Fing trigger doesn't start when my device connects to may network (I repeat...I receive the fing notification)
  • VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    And @Snakuzzo your device is assigned to a user in Fingbox? (i.e. a person you've set-up?) 

• Snakuzzo

Yes

• VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I've asked for additional support on this one and I'm checking with my colleagues. I'll be back soon with more. 

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,761
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Snakuzzo
    In order to any trigger to work, you need to fill up all the information for that applet. Can you try to fill up the information for Events before and after and then check if the applet was triggered or not? If you do not have any time restrictions then you can choose 'Anytime' for both Events before and after. Also, Can you check if the Fing applet is getting triggered from IFTTT. Please try to create a manual applet without Webhooks and then check so that we can make sure the Fingbox is connected to IFTTT.In order to create an applet manually please follow these steps:
    • Sign into your IFTTT account by going to URL: https://ifttt.com . Please ensure to use your IFTTT account credentials

• Click on the account name. This will give you a list of options. Click ‘New Applet’.

• Once you click on ‘New Applet’, you will get a screen displaying ‘If this then that’. Click on ‘this’ part and it will take you to list of services.

• Choose the service depending on what do you want to do? Example: if you want to get alert via email when somebody joins the network, then select ‘Fingbox’ service for ‘this’ part and then select the appropriate trigger.

• Click on the trigger and fill up the trigger fields and make sure to select your Fingbox from the list and click ‘Create Trigger’.

• After you create the trigger, you will be redirected to the same page 'if this then that’ with ‘that’ link activated. Click on ‘that’ part and select the action you want to perform when somebody arrives. In our example: we will have to select ‘Google’ from the search bar, select ‘E-mail’ and then connect to your E-mail account.

• Fill up the Trigger fields again and click ‘Create Action’ to complete the Applet settings and Click ‘Finish’

• You can review your Applet by going under ‘My Applet’.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
    VioletChepil
  • Snakuzzo
    Thank you Robin.
    I'll try later at home
    VioletChepil
  • Snakuzzo
    Hi @Robin , I tried with webhook and with your google mail example, but it doesn't work.
    I receive Fing app notification on my phone, but not the mail I've set in my applet...

• VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Snakuzzo the Fing side seems working perfectly. And internally we can't make any further advice. 
    I'm going to try and get some other experts to help us with this.... Let's see