FINGBOX - Release notes log

VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 23 in Release notes

Fingbox Version releases:

Fingbox Version 1.14.18 - 20th July 2020

Bug fixes on network discovery engine causing noise in some corner cases (related to Bonjour 'goodbye' packet not handled properly).

Fingbox Version 1.14.17 - 20th April 2020

Minor periodic security and bug-fixing update, part of maintenance of fingbox firmware.

Fingbox Version 1.14.16 - 19th March 2020

Minor periodic security update part of the maintenance of fingbox firmware.

Fingbox Version 1.14.15

Bug-fixes in speed test to M-Lab. We are calling better the M-Lab endpoints to avoid being put in queue as much as possible.

Fingbox Version 1.14.14

Bug-fix of speed test issue reported on community, a number of people was experiencing frequent failures.

Fingbox Version 1.14.13

To fix&restore M-Lab speed test download. For the time being the download speed test will only be single stream.

Fingbox Version 1.14.12

Fingbox and Ubuntu Core operating system update to latest.

Fingbox Version 1.14.10

- Bug fix: Auto-fix device clock when ntp time server is not available (causing inability to activate or disconnections)
- A new feature in beta: Improved recognition of your devices by reaching Fingbox IP in http (port 80), from browsers of smartphones, computers, smart TV's and MediaPlayers.

Community Manager at Fing

HronosRobinKingMarckltaylorRedRyder77

Comments

• PoohPooh Member, Beta Tester Posts: 674
    500 Likes 500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you (or @Carlo_from_Fing) explain a little more about this new beta feature?
    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
    HronoskltaylorRedRyder77
  • pwmeekpwmeek Member, Beta Tester Posts: 131
    100 Comments 100 Likes First Anniversary 5 Agrees
    ✭✭✭
    LOL; one more device on my network looking for port 80. I'll have to see what a manual visit to the Fingbox internal webserver looks like when I get my net up and running.
    --Pete
    Bon Vivant and Raconteur
    VioletChepilkltaylorRedRyder77
  • VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @pwmeek is that a popular port? I'm checking with @Carlo_from_Fing @Pooh and @pwmeek for more details about this.
    I'm going to announce soon (I hope tomorrow or Thursday!) a new feature to test on Fingbox...perhaps is linked. Let me see. 

kltaylor
  • pwmeekpwmeek Member, Beta Tester Posts: 131
    100 Comments 100 Likes First Anniversary 5 Agrees
    ✭✭✭
    Port 80 is the standard HTML (webpage) port. Here's a list at Wikipedia. Don't bother to look at much beyond 80, but you might be interested in how your computer knows what to do with all the various types of information it deals with.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_TCP_and_UDP_port_numbers
    --Pete
    Bon Vivant and Raconteur
    VioletChepilkltaylor
  • PoohPooh Member, Beta Tester Posts: 674
    500 Likes 500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Port 80 is generally insecure, hence my ask.
    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
    kltaylor
  • salimhbsalimhb Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment
    @VioletChepil, can you explain more how the new "Improved recognition" works?
    From the description, it looks like it requires manual intervention to visit the inbox IP from the device's browser. How can I try this?
    kltaylor
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahh ok so @Carlo_from_Fing has briefed me today and the improved device recognition I'll share access to in next few days. cc @Pooh @pwmeek
    We'll release soon as a little test, something you can do to improve device recognition - this can help fix mis-matches and other things and give you better recognition. It will require some manual intervention via visiting Fingbox IP address. I hope to share this post this week, in next few days all the steps and how to test. Coming very soon...
    I'll update here when I can share access to that! 

Carlo_from_FingMarcHronoskltaylor
  • MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,370
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahh ok so @Carlo_from_Fing has briefed me today and the improved device recognition I'll share access to in next few days. cc @Pooh @pwmeek
    We'll release soon as a little test, something you can do to improve device recognition - this can help fix mis-matches and other things and give you better recognition. It will require some manual intervention via visiting Fingbox IP address. I hope to share this post this week, in next few days all the steps and how to test. Coming very soon...
    I'll update here when I can share access to that! 
    Wow, great stuff here.  Anything you need test wise let us know @[email protected] and @Carlo_from_Fing.  I'm sure you will not be wanting for volunteers and testers.

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    kltaylor
  • Carlo_from_FingCarlo_from_Fing Rome, ItalyFing Team Posts: 247
    100 Likes 100 Comments 5 Answers 25 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    Marc said:
    Wow, great stuff here.  Anything you need test wise let us know @[email protected] and @Carlo_from_Fing.  I'm sure you will not be wanting for volunteers and testers.

Yes, thanks in advance!!!

Carlo from Fing

• mozarellamozarella Member, Beta Tester Posts: 104
    25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Awesomes 5 Agrees
    ✭✭✭

i saw already the new version of fingbox firmware. Now i saw this threat and read it carefully but i didn't find out what'll happen if i go to fingbox's IP.
    1. Will happen that a new technic of device-recognition will be turned on and run automatically?
    2. will only one "on-demand-recognition" be triggered / started to run?
    3. will a test-flag set that "this fingbox" will be available for testing the new recognition?

regards,
    mozarella
    kltaylor
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
  • tpctpc Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic
    Is there an ETA on when a fix for the bonjour discovery loop bug will be release?
  • Carlo_from_FingCarlo_from_Fing Rome, ItalyFing Team Posts: 247
    100 Likes 100 Comments 5 Answers 25 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    Released in firmware 1.14.18, that is in gradual rollout and should have reached your fingbox already.

Carlo from Fing